The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
SCELSE is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
We are looking for a technical research assistant to work on an exciting new translationally-focused project to determine PK/PD information for novel antimicrobial drugs. The candidate will be responsible on the following:
- Set up and operation of HFIM model
- Procurement of HFIM equipment and consumables
- Custody chain maintenance of proprietary materials
- Liaison with collaborators
- Efficacy testing of new materials
- HFIM experimental design and execution
- Data analysis
- Report Writing
The ideal candidate with have experience in all of the above and should possess or be working towards a postgraduate qualification in the biosciences.
- Must have MSc or equivalent related to the biological sciences
- Preferably working towards a postgraduate qualification
- Must have experience of conducting activity testing of antimicrobial compounds
- Basic Microbiological experience
- Basic HFIM experience to include set up and experimental design
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
In line with Singapore’s nationwide Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS), employees must be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, unless certified to be medically ineligible. For Information on VDS, please click [ Link removed ] .
- Data Analysis
- Design Of Experiments
- Procurement Management
- Report Writing